Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Landscapes, Environments, and Plein air

Started thumbnailing some environments after some great videos on gumroad and came up with these three. I definitely like some of these more than others but I want to take each one and finish it since all I've been doing is rough studies lately. I want to be able to bounce around between creative work and study work and 3 paintings to work on seems like a good way to go.


Digital plein air has been a goal of mine for the past few weeks but fear of failure has always nudged me towards working from photos instead...but no more! Plein air really forces me to look critically at all colors and values in real time and holy crap it's hard. This was a short painting I did today and while it's very much unfinished I'd like to hope the lighting reads at least. It's missing mostly details at this point and the textures I put in are still very rough. I'll keep doing more of these!


No comments:

Post a Comment