Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Environments 1

I finished up the environment thumbnails that I uploaded in the last post. The last one was the thumbnail I had the most fun with but it was the biggest challenge to actually complete.
Time to start another set! These were fun!

I really feel the lighting is coming across well in this one (better than it did in the thumbnail at least) and I had a lot of fun playing with all the warm light both cast and reflected. 

This one looks most like it's thumbnail and ended up being my favorite to work on. I'm really happy with how the cliff and grasses came out. I think I can definitely work more on shape design for the figures though.
I took a lot of inspiration from the DOTA 2 color palette and spent much more time on this one than the previous two. While I enjoy the colors and scene of this one, compositionally I don't think the white figure stands out enough and my eye feels a little confused moving around the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment